Today, I got the chance to listen to benefits of walking meditation. So here are the benefits that I’d missed last time.
The person who practice meditation on walking
1. would have his patience increased.
2. would be free of sleepiness/ sloth and drowsiness. and his courage would be increased.
3. his sicknesses would be reduced at present or in future also.
4. food he’s eaten would be digested really well.
5. and will be able to keep his samadhi much longer – When a samdhi (The state of consciousness induced by complete meditation) is gained by meditating, it is said to be hard to keep for a long time, due to the thoughts that would occur in mind having desire for it. Practicing the walking meditation is said to increase the ability of keeping it much longer on mind.
I was happy to see that, first and second benefits showing that fifth and sixth virtues of dasa parami (viriya and patience) being developed easily, as well as the sixth of Nobel eightfold path – the right effort. And also that practicing this making my concentration more powerful So this seems more beneficial than I used to know.